After months and months of waiting the time has come that showrooms and shops all over the country are finally allowed to re-open. It’s been a tough start to the year and hopefully this is the positive news that will allow us to get back to some sort of normality throughout the rest of the year.
As always, we will need to be strict and follow the processes, guidelines and laws set out by the government to ensure that everyone is safe and the threat of infection is minimalized. The safety of everyone is paramount and more important than anything else and therefore we must all work together to ensure that the infection levels don’t spike again now that we have been given a slice of normality.
As of yesterday (the 12th April 2021) the following can re-open –
- All shops allowed to open
- Hairdressers, beauty salons and other close-contact services can open
- Restaurants and pubs allowed to serve food and alcohol to customers sitting outdoors
- Gyms and spas can reopen, as can zoos, theme parks, libraries and community centres
- Members of the same household can take a holiday in England in self-contained accommodation
- Non-essential journeys between England and Wales are allowed
- Weddings – up to 15 people
- Funerals – up to 30 people, with 15 at wakes
- Children will be able to attend any indoor children’s activity
- Care home visitors will increase to two per resident
- Driving lessons can resume, with driving tests restarting on 22 April
Please feel free to come and visit our showroom to have a chat, get some advice or get a free no-obligation quote for your next home improvement project. We are more than happy to assist and will strictly follow all protocols to ensure that you and our team are safe.